Wednesday 11 July 2012

Early start

I woke up before my 6:10am alarm this morning, I'd been dreaming of running! I got up, put my kit on straight away, did some stretches in the kitchen and then went straight out.

It was perfect weather for a run, not too warm, not cold, a little bit damp. No-one about. I felt like I had the streets to myself. I ran down Keddleston Road and by the time I got to Five Lamps I felt almost ok. I had my i-pod in. This is what I listened to:

Alive - Pearl Jam
Bang Bang Your Dead - Dirty Pretty Things
Raise Your Weapon - Deadmau5
Don't Mug Yourself - The Streets
Stellify - Ian Brown
Back to Black - Amy Winehouse
Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen

It was only 3 miles. I didn't stop and when I got home I felt pleased with myself.

I don't mind getting up early, in fact I think I'm pretty good at it - alarm goes off, I get out of bed. Unlike Flino - alarm goes off, snoozes it, alarm goes off, snoozes it, repeat a few more times! I like the feeling of training first thing, I like that it's done & I can get on with the rest of my day.

On the way to work this morning Flino & I were talking about a programme that was on last night on BBC4 -  Born to Run. It's about an Irish priest who has coached almost all of the Kenyan middle distance champions in the last few years. I'm going to watch it tonight and see if I can learn anything from him!

No comments:

Post a Comment