Tuesday 24 July 2012

The little things

I paid attention to what I'd written yesterday and made sure I'd eaten enough during the day and had drank plenty of water.

Breakfast:
Coffee
Cornflakes with banana

Snack:
Small packet of pretzels
Water

Lunch:
Chicken flatbread
Fruit Salad
Decaf Tea

Snack:
Dried Apricots
Bottle of water


It definitely made a difference as I felt ready to run by the time I'd got back from work. I was almost looking forward to it after a 3 hour drive home from a meeting.

Tuesday night is Derwent Runners club night. We have 3 different groups, 4 miles, 6 miles and fast 6 miles. I always run in the 4 mile group. The speed suits my pace. I've tried the 6 mile group a couple of times but am usually left at the back struggling to get up the hills!

I did the 4 miles tonight, it was quite warm when we started running - 28 degrees still at 7pm but I felt ok. There were a couple of hills that usually make me do the Darth Vader breathing but tonight I managed to run up them & have a conversation as well. I know I'm not noticeably faster or thinner yet but it's little things like this that are spurring me on at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment