Sunday 8 July 2012

Running up that road

I've just done 5 miles in my new shoes! I didn't want to run today, I woke up & felt rubbish (despite the no drinking), I was snotty, tired from yesterday's skip filling and generally mardy. Nothing new there then. I sat drinking a cup of tea thinking that this is when I usually make the decision not to run - I've got a cold, I need to do some jobs. But like any self respecting girl I thought of my new shoes and put them on and got out of the door.

Flino came with me today, it was hot & my legs felt like they were made of lead. Once we got going though the lead feeling began to wear off and towards the end I even managed a little sprint. I was walking up the road after I finished when I saw my brother - would have been better if I'd been running!

I spent most the run wishing that I was better at running and willing myself not to stop. When I got home, the first thing I did was tick the run off the plan...

Week one - done. I've done about 13 miles this week. A half marathon is 13.1 miles. I've just got to run as far as I have in a week in one go. It's a start though. Isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment