Wednesday 18 July 2012

Stop moaning, start running

Got home from work, got this hand delivered. All I have to do is plug it into the computer & download the software then it will start telling me how fast I'm running. No excuses from now on. Thanks Rob!

Rest day today. My legs feel ok after yesterday's session. I'm still permanently hungry though. Today I've eaten:

Bowl of cornflakes with a banana.
Handful of dried apricots.
2 scrambled eggs on toast.
Tomato.
2 chocolate digestive biscuits.
Apple.
Sausages, beans & potatoes.
Solero type ice lolly thing.
One Lungo coffee from our brilliant new machine 
About 6 cups of Redbush tea.

Flino became addicted to Nespresso coffee whilst we were on holiday and as a result bought a fancy machine. It's great. Now I have one coffee when before I go to work & drink Redbush decaff tea for the rest of the day.

It's sprints on the cards for tomorrow's session. I need to do:

6x1min @ 8min mile pace with 60 seconds walk recovery between each one.

8 minute mile pace for a minute a time. After Tuesday nights session I actually think I can do that. I hate to admit it but it almost sounds like I enjoyed last nights run! Actually, that's a lie. I didn't enjoy the running, I enjoyed how it made me feel afterwards. I like that it's made me a little more confident about the next 8 weeks.

Friday evening is the Tara Kinder 10k - no, I'm not running but usually help out with marshalling. It's a local race and is for charity. I like being a marshal, I get to see the runners, shout encouragement and catch up with some friends. You can still enter on the night & if that sounds like a ridiculous idea then you can always volunteer to be a marshal?

I'm watching DIY SOS The Big Build as I'm writing this, with tears in my eyes. Really, I should stop moaning. I've only got to run 13 miles. In the grand scheme of things it's really nothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment