Monday 23 July 2012

I haven't run today

I haven't run today. There, I've admitted it. I don't feel great. My stomach feels like a washing machine and my hay fever, which has been non existent this year just like the summer, returned with a vengeance today along with the sunshine.

I went to bed late last night and I've not eaten well over the last couple of days. I had popcorn and malteesers for my tea last night. I've drank too much caffeine and not enough water. I've gone from exercising a couple of times a week to pushing myself 5 times a week. I need to look after myself so I don't keep lurching from feeling great to feeling like I've been ran over by a bus.

So that's me told. It's ok though, I will run on Wednesday rather than today. And I'll make a concerted effort from now on to eat food that is going to help me rather than grabbing something because it's there and I'm hungry.

I feel disappointed that I've not stuck to the plan but I know that if I'd run when I'd got home today I would have felt worse.

I watched the final stage of the Tour de France yesterday. I was so sure that Team Sky had left it too late for Mark Cavendish to win the sprint. There was too much gap, the lead group seemed so far away. I wondered how Cavendish would feel if, after tirelessly supporting Wiggins & Froome for the past 3 weeks, he didn't get his record breaking fourth final stage win. I doubted their strategy, their determination and their teamwork. Flino sat there laughing at me fretting - he always knew Cavendish would win. I imagine Team Sky knew too.

No comments:

Post a Comment